The #1 Center in Northwest has been on a non stop march to land a Division 1 offer for almost 2 years. Every down he takes Eastside Catholic’s Alex Neale is looking to dominate and beat his opponents; mostly to help his team win but also to help himself get his college paid for. The 6’3″- 280 lb. technician can add so much value to any college team it is easy for those of use to see he is deserving of and capable of being a Division 1 player. Down after down and camp after camp he has won reps and MVP’s.
His stature at 6’3″ is believe it or not a little short. The prototype D-1 Center might be 6’5″ now but there is nor was every any denying his ability. He was just waiting for someone to agree with us and the rest of the pundits that he was the guy!
After the MVP at the Northwest Elite Camp a week ago we knew he was getting close. In the positional drills he was awesome. There at the finals of the 1-1 reps he battled and watching were college coaches form many schools. One of them, Montana Assistant Head Coach and Line Coach Scott Gragg, loved what he saw. Coach is a big time line mentor and as a former NFL player he knows talent when he sees it. He contacted Alex this week after seeing him and let the Neale family know he was ready to offer and needed the support of the Montana Head Coach Mick Delaney.
He got it and the Offer is official. The Neale household, including Dad Rob (Happy Fathers Day Rob), are celebrating. Alex had this to say about how he is feeling:
“Happy, for once I’m actually happy! I have been working my hardest since I can remember, and to finally have the opportunity to continue on my journey is not only exciting, but humbling, really.,” said Alex. Montana itself was great, as soon as I got off the flight and saw moose heads up on the walls of the airport, I knew I’d be at home here. Coach Gragg and Green are two of the nicest and honest coaches that I’ve met this far in the whole process and was apparent as soon as I showed up.”
Missoula is a special place and it might be the perfect fit. It’s like we always tell kids and parents when they ask – It’s not a matter of how many offers but what offers. It only takes one to be a perfect fit!
Now the key take-aways in Alex Neale’s case we want to share and remind you all of is:
- Just because kids get early offers does not mean it is common- when you read of younger players getting offers realize that no matter how good you are it is very rare- less then 10%-20% of the players who will eventually go on to play in college are offered before their Senior year.
- Patience is a Virtue- that is not just something someone made up- it really it. If you are waiting and working to get an offer stay strong. It is not easy but it can pay off. Stay the course guys!
- GET IN FRONT OF COACHES BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE!!!! Stress this in all you do! If Alex Neale had not been at the Northwest Elite Camp this offer would have likely required more time and more film. The fact is the decision maker was there and he showed up and got it done!
- Visit the Schools and meet the staff on their turf. Alex did that and showed love and it made the offer happen. Give Love to Get Love!
- Never ever give up- if your dream is to play past high school dream it!
Alex Neale’s Eastside Catholic Crusaders are going to be tough this season and this offer is going to put some pep in his step! Congrats to Alex and the Neale Family and thanks to the Montana Grizzlies and Coach Gragg and staff for always coming after our NW Kids! They have been non-stop in that mission and it is appreciated.