Johnny Durocher Youth Camps Open To Washington Youth
For those of you in the Seattle / Puget Sound Area who want to be trained or want your kids trained by a real All American you are finally getting your shot. This young man is bringing his knowledge for the game and his life experiences to the kids of the region in the first camps very offered by him.
Johnny DuRocher lived the life of a local boy out of Bethel High School and went all the way to Oregon and Washington as a QB and became an All American. Along the way he dealt with a brain tumor; something he did not offer up and that we just found out about. Funny how short memories of bad things are when we remembered only the good Johnny did.
His Youth Skills camps begin this weekend and we are giving him the highest rating we can offer for his energy, his focus on the kids, and his desire to deliver an amazing product on the field.
“This is what I want to do to help the kids of the Region get better. I don’t want to the this to be the biggest camp. It’s not about money. Or making kids believe they are special,” said DuRocher. “We are going to teach them and inspire them to be the best they can be. If we do that we succeed.”
Johnny has affiliated with Cole Morgan and Eddie Behringer of Northwest Elite Sports who ran the NW Elite Football Camp (former Gesser Camp) which was the largest and most successful showcase ever in the history of the Region last year at Mercer Island High School. That camp had 20-30 colleges in the house Coaching and is already filling up for this coming June 7th. See Their Website here.
These three young guns (Morgan, Behringer, DeRocher) are bringing Washington Prep and Youth Football back to its local roots and giving families and sensible and just amazing option in a world gone crazy with options run by many camps run by folks from outside the area!
If you have Youth Players wanting to learn the QB / DB / WR positions follow the information below and get to the Johnny DuRocher Camps!
Johnny Durocher, Bethel High School standout quarterback, was a high school Army All American, who entertained scholarship offers from colleges all over the country, before choosing to fly with the
After enrolling early at U of O Johnny spent a couple seasons with the Ducks before deciding to head back home and play for the Huskies.
Most recently, coaching at UCLA as an offensive assistant under Rick Neuheisel.
2013 South Sound-QB/ WR Camp
- Youth Up to Grade 7.
- Focus on QB/WR/DB Training
- 4 Camp Sessions. 1/27, 2/3, 2/10, 2/17. 2pm- 4pm.
- Indoor Facility: Puyallup YMCA Indoor: 302 43rd Ave. SE Puyallup WA 98374.
- WR- Stance and Starts, Ball Drills, Route Running Technique, Beating Press Coverage, Man vs. Zone Technique,
- QB – Throwing Fundamentals, Footwork Drills, 3 and 5 step drop, Under Center and Shotgun Technique, Techniques on how to develop Arm Strength, Pocket Presence, Routes vs. Air
- DB – Proper Stance and Back peddle, Jam and Press coverage, Playing the ball, Pass break up, Footwork, Reading Receiver Ques
- Registration Includes Camp T-Shirt
- Individualized Instruction from Johnny Durocher
- $60/ Session
- $200/ Full 4 Week Camp. (Save $40)