Connect with us

Why Coaches want a Multi-Sport Recruit!

Home FORUMS The Stands Why Coaches want a Multi-Sport Recruit!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Coach Knudsen 7 months ago.

• Author

Coach Knudsen
    Participant

The key to succeeding in sports, in general, is to try everything! I loved baseball more than anything in my life- I was built to play football- but wrestling, baseball, and golf were all things I did well at all sports. When I was asked one day to throw the Javelin at PSU I told them I had no time – the track coach asked me to come throw the Javelin. I tied the school record on my second throw. That was something I had never done. In the end I played baseball and did track and Golf all in the spring- I set the school record and lettered in 5 sports in 1955. Those were different times but the facts were I did so well in football because these other sports helped me develop many big muscle groups. Later in life as a coach, I always loved football guys who wrestled or played basketball – or any sport. You show me an athlete that can pass his classes and compete in 2 or more sports and I will show you a great recruit! Hope that helps guys!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar