It is the last day of 2016 and the story of NW High School football has once again been a busy one. Each year together we advance the game we all love in best way we can. The boys of Friday Night this season were as good as ever and as the next wave of recruits move on to college we want to remember all of those Coaches and kids that made this year special.
Here are some things on our mind as we look back before we launch forward into 2017-
- Today you can watch the Washington Huskies play in the biggest game of the year. Win, lose, or draw these boys have made the #PurpleReign a reality. The great thing is this team is loaded with NW talent. Read our story from this past month on the local connection to the Huskies and Cougs. Look at all these NW boys playing, starting, and impacting the National game; including this Bellevue, Washington talent Budda Baker!
- The Fall of Oregon- In our opinion this was partly because they consistently looked elsewhere for recruits. Yes the Duckies offered our local boys but not in great numbers and not early. The Willie Taggart era is in full swing and he appears to be ready to fight for the best local kids- we hope that he does.
- Who are the best 2017 NW Recruits? Wow what a year and boy is this a great group. Here is a quick look at the top 5 in each State and where they are going:
- Foster Sarrell -5 Star OL-Graham Kapowsin – #2 Overall in the Nation. The last big recruit to decide! Watch Big Foz as he is known on Twitter in the US Army Game Jan 7th on National TV!
- Hunter Bryant – TE/DE- Eastside Catholic – #73 Overall in the US – Washington Commit
- Salvon Ahmed – ATH – Juanita HS – Top 200 in the Nation – Washington Commit – Watch this amazing talent in the US Army Game with Foster Jan 7th – Click Here
- Connor Wedington – ATH- Sumner HS – Top 100 in Nation –Former Washington Commit – Still Open
- Henry Bainavalu – OL – Skyline HS – 4 Star Recruit – Washington Commit
- See the entire list as ranked by Scout.com – there are 25 Washington athletes at 3 stars or higher and folks this is an amazing class! The Huskies look to be in great shape and many of the guys on the list are heading to WSU and EWU and elsewhere too!
- Oregon – Another great year for Oregon with 18 3 Stars or higher
- Marlon Tuipuloto– Central HS- DL-#57 in the Nation Top 3 Defensive Tackle- Wow what a stud – Washington Commit – Watch Marlon on Jan 7th in that Army All American Game as he joins 2 other Husky Commits from Washington.
- Elijah Molden – West Linn HS – #140 in the entire Nation! Total star- a Champion – 4 Star – Washington Commit
- Jaxson Kirkland – Jesuit HS – OL- One of the most physical linemen ever form Oregon – UCLA Commit
- Daniel Green – Madison HS – LB – Was a USC Commit – Open now. Top LB out West! – OPEN
- David Morris – Sherwood HS – ATH – Total Star with incredible Upside! Watch out PAc 12- BEAVERS Commit
- Alex Forsyth – West Linn – OL 4 Star and Demetrius Douglas– Jesuit – DB – Both Oregon Duck Commits
- See the rest of the boys from Oregon moving on to the higher levels right here-
- Idaho – 10 guys made it to 2 stars or higher. No 4 stars this year but some unrated guys who are terrific!
- Aisa Kelemete – Highland HS- DE – Incredible talent and under rated- Washington State Commit
- Alec Kuzmack – Eagle HS – OL – Big power house kid – looks ready for Pac 12 play – Washington State Commit
- Brandon Kipper – Columbia HS – OL – Here is a Diamond Coaches. Pac 12 body – 6 offers – Go get em! OPEN
- Zeke Birch – Madison – DT – Big Time DT- Big Zeke is a serious talent! Boise State Commit
- John Ojukwu – Boise Senior HS – OL- The Pac 12 will miss this guy – Wow – Boise State Commit
- Check out the Emerald State’s best including Tucker Rovig and Maxim Moore and more-
- Montana – We need to do better with these boys form Montana – they need to get their boys on the radar and we are here to help. Having said that we connected with some of the best this year.
- Carson Katen – Florence HS – Big Rangy kid that plays TE and DE and has offers- Worth a serious look! Open
- McKenzie Holt – Thompson Falls HS – a 6’4″- 230 lb kid that runs an 11.3 100 M – Pac 12 talent – Montana Commit
- Nathan Dick – Billings – QB – Offensive MVP for State – 2800 yards and 34 TD’s – Montana Commit
- Payton O’Reilly – Bozeman – MLB – Defensive POY – Wow what a monster! Montana State Commit
- Mitchell Porter – Billings West – LB – We had a chance to watch this guy at Camps – he will play in college- Open
For The Most Comprehensive List there is
We mail this Nationwide to 1,100 Head Coaches and Staff
Other Thoughts from 2016
Eastern Washington Football is a Powerhouse – Expect More of the Same. The Big Sky is Amazing everyone!
Congrats to Eastern Oregon University on a Nice Post Season Run!
West Linn Football (OR) Ran the Table and Won it All. One of the most Talented teams Ever
Camas HS (WA) Proved they are the Best in the NW – Is there a better HS Program anywhere in the NW? No!
The Kamiakin Braves out of the Tri Cities showed a home grown Program is able to win it all! True Champions! #RUNKANO
The Arch Bichop Murphy and Other Football Stories this season proved we are in trouble as a Sport. Look for High School Football to continue a slide to a Private League spurned on by the Haves VS the Have Nots and 7 on 7 and Travelling Off season squads! This is a Problem that we feel in the end undermines the sport!
We are looking for the best of the best stories in the Region and will always help all of you!
God Bless everyone and here is the the year that was and the year that is about to Begin!