It's Friday and that means football. Friday Night Light's Version. Today we take a quick look at a few story lines with a focus on questions that will be answered tonight. Here are a few stand out players to watch.
NWPR Game Of The Night:
Tigard Hosts Aloha:
Game of the Night and you know we will be there. Catch our Live VIDEO Updates or scroll down to the bottom to watch the embedded viewer. This one is going to be great. Obvious story here is will Thomas Tyner continue to dominate when he has the ball and will his 2012 continue to be his best season? We say Yes! Watch for Michael Kluge and Bryson Sullivan to continue to impress for the Warriors. Brayden Kearsley on the O-Line is so dominating we are still looking for him to be tested. Will Aloha pass? Ever? Against Tigard who is flush with talent in the Defensive secondary with guys like Zach Floyd and Manu Rasmussen flying around don't bet on it. Tigard will settle in and use their three amazing running backs in Floyd, Benny Wick, and Kaz Greene. But the story of the night might well be the continued Rise of Jett Even; the Junior QB. Will he hold up against one of the State's best defenses? If he and the Tigers go airborne and balance things out this game gets crazy. Both Top 5 Teams. A Slugfest where anything can happen!
Other Top Oregon Players to Watch!
- AJ Woodin the new Southridge QB will be tested against an always tough Tualatin Defense. Watch for him to be poised and connect with guys like RJ Morgan who is a super Junior recruit, Justin Calo and Kevin McClean. Tualatin is coming off a big win over Crater and feature massive LB Jeff Williams and Randall Tainer who had three picks last week. Expect a close one here.
- Nate Halverson of Grant will lead the Generals into battle over Jefferson in the always Epic battle of PIL foes. Nate had 244 yards last week and the SMU commit could run wild tonight. Devin Jackson the Senior QB form Jeff has his chance to lead and use many weapons at Jeff to make this one close. A great game to watch no doubt.
- The Jaguars of Century (Hillsboro) are heading to Bend to take on State Champs Mountain View. In this one we will see two of the State's top linemen in Alex Sirois of Century and Chad Bach of Mountain View. Both kids have offers. The other skill guys to watch here are John Carrol of Mountain View who is a two way threat at WR/DV/LB and Same Riddle the Century QB who put up 500 yards last week! Century is rising and Mountain View trying to stay on their Championship ways!
- Eric Dungey: The Sophomore QB at Lakeridge is special. Watch him as he and the Pacers travel to Albany to take on West Albany who are led by Jake LaCoste; the amazing Junior TB who went for 7 TD's and 340 yards rushing.
- Devaunte Hoffman of Gresham went for 175 yards last week. He is our Top 2 way athlete on the verge of an offer. Tonight he and the Gophers take on Lincoln led by Johnny Williams at QB who is capable of lighting up the skies.
- Julius Rucker who we predicted could be the sleeper pick of the Metro League had a good game one opener to lead the Wildcats over Barlow. In week two the boys of Beaverton get a 6 hour bus ride to Medford to take on perennial powerhouse South Medford. Will QB Rucker run wild? It will be a real test no doubt.
- Austin Baird at Marist VS Cristian Morris of Sherwood. Now these two powerhouse teams are loaded with prospects and talent. These two lead their squads and may steal the headlines most nights. But look for Kamerun Smith of Marist to go vertical with the ball and connect for some deep balls too as one of the State's best QB's!
- Jesuit will host the Union Titans who will get a real taste of Big Time Oregon football. Led by Sophomore QB Nolan Henry the Titans are a good squad. But the spectacle that is Jesuit this season is going to be a Mountain they will struggle to climb. Look for AJ Glass to absolutely tear it up for the Crusaders again. Doug Brenner of Jesuit will be playing more inspired then he usually does (YIKES) on the wings of his Duck's offer this week.
- Canby will head to Camas this week after dropping a Week 1 battle to Tigard. Reilly Hennessey of Camas put up 450 yards of offense last week for Camas in the win. Look for this to be a Battle of the Borders.
- Lake Oswego hosts Centennial this week and their defense will get a worker against a bruising running attack . Both teams won in week on and Nick Schoebel of Centennial will see if he can come close to a repeat of his 377 yard rushing game form a week ago. Fun one to watch tonight there.
- Central Catholic won big in week one toying with a top rated Skyview Squad of Washington. Tonight they face powerhouse Sheldon in a match up of super powers. Aidan Wilder will show everyone tonight he is the real deal as a Junior QB and Connor Humphreys (JR) will lead a powered up Defensive Line for CC. 6'4" WR Lawrence Wilson will step things up and move into the elite recruits tonight as will Xavier Griggs; both kids with offers. For Sheldon it will be time to showcase their many skill kids and many new faces that transferred. Look for Connor Strahm of Sheldon to go off (Again) both sides of the ball showcasing why he is one of the hottest two way recruits in the Region. Chet Spears up front for Sheldon remains a hidden gem (Hard to hide 320 pounds) as a linemen and Mike Ralston at the TE-DE spot will get his chance to shine for the Irish.
- The Putnam Kingsmen are heading into a firestorm on and off the field. Tonight they head into a game against Crescent Valley in Corvallis that will be a war. If DeShawn Stephens is not back on the field this will be a long night for the Kingsmen. For CV Tanner Sanders and the Raiders will be inspired coming off a tough loss to a powerful Hawaii squad in Week One. A game where they lost their starting RB in Gary Gomez to a severe leg break that led to surgery for him and the end of the season. Look for Tanner Fiez and and Brad Taylor to terrorize the running lanes from their Linebacker spots. Taylor had a great week one and Fiez is the #1 kid not to have an offer yet in the State. Bryon Bodon and Austin Powell dominated in week one up front but both get double teamed a lot. That leaves guys like Michael Chen and Sam Kane gaps to blow up plays. For Putnam Max Bailey comes back as the starter to lead the team in a week where Top Rated QB Transfer Nick Cropley left the team which appears to be headed for an OSAA complaint. More to follow on that.
Each week we break down our list of games to watch and attend at least one game. Our focus is on following up with our top prospects, working to help the new kids shining out there, and look for outstanding efforts too! Join us every week day as we continue to crank out content and stories at a rate no one has matched!