The Rough Diamonds Satellite Football Camp is set to go down this upcoming Thursday at French Field in the great town of Kent, Washington. This camp has been coined as the #LASTBESTCAMP.
LAST because this is the last satellite camp – a camp where over 20 colleges including 11 Big Sky schools are sending waves of coaches to find athletes ready to play for them.
BEST because this camp has a unique format of having 3 sessions by position. Almost all so called Satellite Camps equate to a Cattle Call where so many athletes are performing at 1 time that coaches really do not get the 1-1 time they need to evaluate and work with the players. All Linemen will have All Coaches watching just them in Session 1 from 9 to Noon. Session 2 is Running Backs, Linebackers, and Tight Ends from 12:30 to about 3 PM. And Session 3 brings the Gun Slingers (QB’s) out in force with the best Receivers and Defensive Backs the Region has to offer from 2:30 ish to 5:30 Pm.
RDAF Satellite Camp #LASTBESTCAMP Supports #AVERYSTRONG
Other reasons to Get To This Camp:
- The Numbers will be small with maybe 250 kids total in 3 sessions- that is 80 kids per session average with perhaps 40-80 coaches there. this formula is unmatched.
- These Schools have offers to give – These D1 through NAIA-JC schools have offers to give. The Big time D-1 Schools that are normally touted for hitting these camps don’t have many if any offers to give when it comes down to it. Athletes and parents do not realize how hard it is to earn a scholarship or any financial aide to any college regardless of the levels. This camp is loaded with all schools who need and want to recruit offers. The Coaches coming have stressed to the camp directors at RDAF for anyone and everyone looking to gain an offer to attend this camp; if you think you have what it takes!
- MAJOR MEDIA AND FILMING 0f Camp – SCOUT LEAD EDITOR BRANDON HUFFMAN is expected to be at Camp. He is the best in the Game. NWPR, NEI, and others are bringing their staffs and will be covering the event live and in follow ups. In a class move that will again separate this camp the RDAF staff has approved the filing of the camp by NWPR and Portland Sports Beat who have been heralded for their work in High School sports. Two camera angles will be employed and this will lead to two feeds being uploaded to You Tube and other channels for post camp review and analysis and for those interest PSB can generate a Camp highlight. NWPR will be conducting Spot Interviews to put the camps best and rising stars on the Map!
- COST EFFECTIVE- For those of you that have made a road trip to a college camp to get some 1-1 time with Coaches you already know how expensive that can be. Travel Costs, Food, Lodging, and equipment can easily run $500 or more. That is to be seen by 1 college. This event at $115.00 is a steal of a deal.
- HISTORY OF SUCCESS: The RDAF is in I believe it’s 5th or 6th year and each year has resulted in direct results with kids getting offers and invites to come to college campuses. Just the time to meet coaches before and after make this quite a big deal.
WHAT TO EXPECT: The RDAF is a foundation that works to help student athletes develop 3 spheres . CHARACTER, ACADEMICS, and ATHLETICS. The group will seek those in need of help and who lack support in these areas and develop a relationship to support them. Any athlete needing help and wanting to develop into a collegiate student athlete should contact the staff at RDAF.
- Bring Water or other liquid
- Bring cleats. Wear shorts and shirts. Soft head gear like GameBreaker helmets are recommended but not required.
- Bring your best attitude – be ready to get after it.
- No Pads at this camp.
- This is not a combine.
- All the Session info is listed here-
- You can compete at more then one position / session- please let the camp staff know.
If all of these reasons was not enough to compel you to come to the camp we want you all to know that this camp is now named for and supporting the #AVERYSTRONG effort. By now most of you have seen this HashTag but no doubt most of you do not know what it is for. The hashtag symbolizes the strength that Brandon and Amanda Huffman’s 7 year old daughter Avery displayed as she battled the deadly child disease D.I.P.G.
What is DIPG?
What is DIPG? Diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma (DIPG) is a brain tumor found in a part of the brain stem called the pons. The pons controls essential bodily functions such as heartbeat, breathing, swallowing, eye movement, eyesight, and balance.
DIPG affects children almost exclusively. Approximately 200-400 children in the United States are diagnosed with DIPG each year. These children are typically between the ages of 5 and 10. DIPG accounts for roughly 10-15% of all brain tumors in children.
THE RDAF CAMP IS MAKING A CONTRIBUTION TO THE AVERY HUFFMAN DEFEAT DIPG FOUNDATION
Come be #AVERYSTRONG with us and support the Huffman’s as they try to honor Avery by wiping out D.I.P.G.
We Hope to See you at the #LASTBESTCAMP