Lot of news flying in from all over the NW as this Friday marks the beginning of the 2nd season across the Pacific NW. NWPR has been monitoring the news from our field staff looking for top performers and other news and notes to share. Here are a few stories developing as this special Friday Night has been playing out. Tweet Us your NW Football News or email email@example.com for inclusion into the report tonight.
- Snow on the ground in Spokane, WA as Gonzaga Prep gets going against super tough Chiawana out of the TriCities! 6’5″-240 lb Devin Culp cracked off an 80 yard plus yard from the line of scrimmage. The Bull Pups won and move on to Moses Lake next week.
— Pia Culp (@aippluc7395) November 4, 2017
- Next Up the Grant Generals of Portland (OR) had a hell of a season and they open against rising McMinnville. The Grizzlies are ranked #13 and Generals #20. It is great to see these two programs having resurgence years. It was all Grant in this one and they flexed their speed and skill set to win 47-13.
- In the game of the night (offensively) anyway the Oregon City Pioneers held on to win over the Sunset Apollos 75-72 in a game with more highlights and big plays than we see on most nights all together! What a great playoff game!
- After Union upset Camas, everyone is afraid to play them. The boys from Camas, Wa are 8-1 and took on Auburn Riverside and roughed them up-40-0.
- Check out the Monroe Bearcats (WA) beating the Mt Si Wildcats 44-40 on the last play of the game. WOW.
Final. Monroe Bearcats 44 – Mount Si Wildcats 40. WHAT. A. GAME. pic.twitter.com/Upe825MOBb
— Ryland Spencer™ (@RylandSpencer) November 4, 2017
- The Sherwood Bowmen traveled to Liberty Falcons to get playoffs off to a tough start. Liberty has a rising team, and the Bowmen are Champions from the past. Sherwood won 49-28.
- Lake Stevens won their 5th Consecutive WESCO Championship behind the leadership and play of Senior QB Conor Bardue. Unfortunately, Conor broke his hand a week ago and had to have surgery this week to put a pin in the break. This young man is a fine leader. a college-bound athlete, and will be very much missed by the Vikings. They won their game tonight handily to move on to Round 2.
- Madison (Or) out of the PIL is so loaded and playing the best ball in the NW on the scoreboard averaging over a 50 point win Margin. Tonight the D1 loaded squad takes to round 1 of the 6 playoffs. What a story they have written at a place where football was all but canceled just three years ago. They are believing in Coach Don Johnson and the talent is REAL! They take on another team that has struggled in the past few years in Tualatin and the Timberwolves are now to be feared. This is probably the best matchup of the night on Paper. This game ended 36-8 in a dominating win by Tualatin!
- Zakyas Dennis-Lee of Oregon City (OR) had 3 Td’s in the 1st half against always tough Sunset of the Metro League. Here is one such run right here.
— Joseph Hoyt (@JoeJHoyt) November 4, 2017
- Next Up- Lincoln (Portland) VS Lakeridge – Despite the transfer of several top recruits to suburban power Lakeridge in the offseason the Pacers could not muster a round one playoff win. The Lincoln Cardinals with a ground pounding offense took the game going away 49-38. The big power back Nick Ostmo ran for 242 yards and six touchdowns and he scored touchdowns on six consecutive second-half possessions. The Cardinals now take a 3 hours bus ride down the State to take on top-rated South Medford in Week 2. We wish them the very best!
- Trey Lowe who is a future Washington Husky out of Jesuit (Portland) had 5 TD’s in the first quarter – yes – first quarter for the Crusaders as they waxed North Medford. These guys could still win it all easily!