The playoffs are in full swing now and some big teams punched their ticket to the next round and some got a bus ride home. These are such great teams and all these guys put in every day since May or June to prepare to make this run. It is truly amazing to watch and one of the greatest things in sport. Here is a look at a few guys who really stood out this past weekend in helping their teams.
- Jordan Todd- 5’8″ 180 pound speedster ran for an amazing 432 yards and 5 TD’s on 29 Carries to lead Interlake to the win over Franklin-Pierce 49-41 in what so far is the greatest effort in the WIAA playoffs. Wow!
- Alex Schwend: Woodinville; carried the ball 18 times for 178 yards and a touchdown as the Falcons defeated the Braves, 37-7, in the first round of the Class 4A state playoffs. Woodinville ranked #2 (11-0) will face Union in the Class 4A quarterfinals next week.
- Sefo Liufau; Bellermine Prep; He completed 13 of 15 passes for 194 yards and two touchdowns to lead Bellermine Prep to a 42-7 win over Edmonds-Woodway.
- Federal Way and East Lake: Well these are two teams full of not only great players but great kids. Congrats to East Lake who move on to live out the dream. Big Props to those amazing boys from Federal Way and to their Seniors including Uso Olive and Jordan Pulu who gave so much these past few years and had to watch from the sidelines last night. Big things coming for those guys too.
- Josh Kraght: Lynden; Boy this kid can play. He scored 4 times to lead Lynden to the win 26-23 over a very very tough Noth Thurston Squad,
- Hans Vander Wel the running Qb led Archbishop Murphy to a big 41-6 win over Tumwater. Alex Galgano also had 15 carries for 125 yards.
- Brandon Brody-Heim; Union High RB led his team to a big win over previously unbeaten Kentlake 31-7. Brandon had 25 carries for 145 yards to lead the Titans to the quarterfinals.
- Trent Cowan; Kiicker Union Titans: Trent is an great asset as a kicker and drilled a nice field goal but it was his fake punt and 48 yard run for a TD that really helped Union get out to an early lead against Kentlake. Great job by Trent.
- Parker Henry; Running Back at Skyview; Parker Henry ran through Kentwood’s defense for 182 yards on 26 carries and he had two TD’s.
- Levonte Littlejohn; Lake High Senior RB: 17 Carries for 151 yards and 4 TD’s to lead the Lancers over Mountainview 28-0.
- Zach Umemoto ran for 156 yards and two touchdowns to lead Kamiakin over Seattle Prep 28-14.
- Skyline Spartans Defense: The Spartans Defensive Unit shut down a powerhouse Mead Running game and made the best of several opportunities to help lead the Spartans to a 21-17 win over No 10 Mead.
- Jake Nelson: The Lake Stevens QB completed 23 of 28 passes for 248 yards with no interceptions. His last minute heroics with only seconds left showcased his ability to pass and run and he absolutly tore it up. Last second TD pass to Gasca sealed the 21-17 win. He added 92 Yards rushing.
- Kai Vansickle; Capital; He ran for 3 Td’s in the 47-0 win over Hazen.
- Camas Papermakers: 48-14 win over Kennedy Catholic: Camas QB Tony Gennaro passed for 301 yards and 5 touchdowns while Zack Marshall had 218 total yards and 4 touchdowns. WOW watch out 3A Division cause Camas is so legit. Sleeper?
- Grant Woods; Kennewick All around stud: Rushed 26 times for 158 yards and two touchdowns and caught a screen pass 65 yards for another score to help lift Kennewick to a 39-6 win and a bid into the 3A quarterfinals next Saturday against Kamiakin.
- Prosser; As a team they all did such an amazing job. This is a team to fear right now. They won 40-0 against West-Valley.
- Alex Myrick: QB for Royal. He scored on a 1-yard run with 3 minutes, 22 seconds left in the fourth quarter, giving Royal a 38-35 win over the Indians in the first round of the State 1A playoffs in Colville.
- Central Valley (Spokane) wins the big game against Ferris to move on behind a great performance by Alex Jacot at RB and Gaven Deyarmin at Qb. This is quite a group and they will face Skyline next week in the biggest games of their lives.
Well for now that is it for Friday Night’s best Playoff Edition for this week but watch Jake Nelson win the game with 12 seconds left for his squad in QB hero fashion. Got a Friday or Saturday Nights Best? Email it to Dirk Knudsen right now. Still lots of time to update this one all week long!
Check Out all the Brackets and more right here.
And make sure to follow the entire NW Prep Scene at our partner site NorthwestPrepReport.com
Please Make Sure to Like Us On Facebook, Listen to NWPR Radio, Twitter, Check Out the NWPR You Tube Channel