Friday – Friday – Friday!! Oh Friday you beautiful day of days. All wrapped up in your Fall colors and misty skies. What a temptress you are all week beckoning us forth to grind through the muck and make it to your open arms. You of the grass and the grid-iron and the big hits and touchdowns. Of fans and friends and smiles and cheers and BBQ smoke drifting across the stadium seats. Of heartbreak and sorrow and beginnings and endings and of all the things that make the players and the coaches yearn for one more down. You Friday are wonderful. And today you belong to us!
On this Friday we begin the process of saying goodbye to our Seniors. This is the night in our Nation that for many kids will be their last chance to bathe in the glow of the Lights. Those lights that for decades have shown the way to the masses and called upon them to live. For the Seniors, the Parents, and Coaches, and girlfriends, and Aunts and Uncles and Grandparents, and the Boys of Fall this is the last night. Many will get one more last night. Or two or maybe even three. But rest assured that axe is going to fall on them all and there will be no more Friday Nights. Having lived it several times I can only tell you all to enjoy it. And I hope these last few nights and these last few plays your going to soak it up. Because truth be told boys it will never get better then this. Enjoy it and be in the moment.
News For This Friday- A few offers and Big Efforts~
- Sunset High School’s (Portland, Or) Josh Brown Committed to Portland State. The big Tight End -Linemen is something special and the Vikings landed a good one.
- The Ferris Saxons (Spokane, WA) beat Mead last Night in a Thriller 21-20 to win the GSL Title. Way to go Saxons!
- 10th grade QB Jacob Eason from Lake Stevens High School in Washington was offered by Oregon State. That young man is very special!
- Big Time QB Jake Luton form Marysville-Pilchuck (Marysville, WA) committed to Idaho where he will no doubt light up the skies!
- Sheldon High School (Eugene, Oregon) Wide Receiver Mitch Herbert landed his 3rd offer – this one from Montana State! The kid is good!
- David Reese of Clackamas HS (OR) committed to Montana. David found a good home and will be a Offensive Tackle of the future there.
- Yadie Dunmore- Sheldon High School (Or) 16 touches for 225 yards and 16 TD’s last week. Would someone offer this kid already? Wow what a talent.
- Maurice McSwain– Aloha HS (Or) Mo caught for 220 yards through the air on 7 passes and scored twice last week against Southridge!
- Manu Rasmussen of #2 Tigard (Or) has 18 TD’s in the Past 4 games. No wonder EWU wants him.
- Ty Fox QB from Crater High School (Or) is closing in on 3,000 yards with 2,854 and 24 TD’s going into tonight’s play in game against Forest Grove. Good luck Ty~
- The Bellevue Wolverines are Nationally rated in the Top 10 for the US and are heading to 48 wins straight! Unbelievable!
- Brett Rypien of Shadle Park (WA) has thrown 40TD’s, 2908 yards, and has a 365 yards per game average. The Junior has handfuls of Major Offers and this is why~
- Jacob Yordy of RA Long has right at 1700 yards rushing and 31 TD’s. The kid is leading the round game around Washington!
- Coleton Collins of Lakeside (WA) has 15 Receiving TDS on just 40 catches and 700 yards. This kid at 6’3″-210 is a beast!
- Dakota Senger of South Umpqua HS (OR) became the first NW rusher to 2000 yards- he has 2010 and 27 TD’s going into tonight.
- RB Teague James at Graham-Kapowsin (WA) a Senior RB has showcased big time skills- watch his film-
- Our 2015 Prospect Watch List added some top talent- One of them Austin Urlacher is WAY under the Radar at Chiawana.
- Dallas “The Magician” Cook has thrown 16 TD’s in the last 2 games and 27 in the last 4 for Butte (MT) HS- The kid is going to shatter all the records!